" means and includes any and all websites, including (www.republicfinance.com), interactive features, widgets, plug-ins, applications, content, downloads and/or other services maintained by Republic Finance, LLC, its affiliates, assigns or successors. The terms “we
,” or “Republic Finance
,” as used on this Site, mean and include Republic Finance, LLC, its affiliates, assigns, or successors. The terms “you
” or “your
” mean and include you as an individual person and, if you are an employee or representative of another person or entity, such person or entity
Information We Collect
Personal Information Provided by You On the Site, we may ask you to provide us, or our service providers, with information that identifies you as an individual or relates to you as an identifiable individual (“Personal Information”), such as your:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Relationship status
- Home address and telephone number
- E-mail address
- Social security number
- Driver's license number
- Bank account and/or payment card information
- Employment information
- Information about your assets, debts and income
We may collect this information, as voluntarily provided by you, through various forms and in various places on the Site, including if you apply to prequalify for a loan, apply for a loan, through "contact us" forms, or when you otherwise interact with the Site. You are responsible for ensuring that any personal information you provide to us through the Site is truthful, accurate and current.
Device and Usage Information
We and our third-party service providers may use a variety of tracking technologies that automatically (or passively) store or collect certain nonpersonal information whenever you visit or interact with the Site (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may be stored or accessed using a variety of technologies that may be downloaded to your personal computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a “Device”) whenever you visit or interact with our Site. This Usage Information may include:
- Your IP address, UDID or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device used to access the Site, and our systems identify your Device by its Device Identifier;
- Your Device functionality (including browser, operating system, hardware, and mobile network information);
- The areas within our Site that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences, and the pages, screens, or other displays of information looked at by you;
- Your Device location;
- Your Device characteristics;
- Certain other Device data, including the time of day, date, length of your visit(s), frequency of your visits, and patterns of use among other information;
- Domain name you use to access the Internet and other information obtained from Web page headers (i.e., type of Device and type and version of web browser);
- Internet address from which you linked to the Site; and
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us, or that is sent through the Site, including the content of the communication and metadata associated with it.
Please see our Privacy Notice
, which we provide to all our customers, for a comprehensive explanation of how we collect, use and share Personal Information and what you can do to limit the use and sharing of your Personal Information.
How We Use Collected Information.
Cookies, Web Beacons and other Tracking Technologies.
- To process transactions such as your prequalification or loan application(s);
- To underwrite your prequalification application;
- To underwrite your loan;
- To provide you with information such as to send you electronic newsletters or to provide you with special offers or promotional and marketing materials on behalf of us or third parties, including to let you know about new products, services or upcoming events;
- To verify your identity;
- To prevent fraud;
- To create your account;
- To communicate with you about your transactions, such as to provide customer support;
- To offer you products and services;
- To send communicate with you about your account and collect amounts you owe;
- To customize your experience on the Site or to serve you with specific content or ads that are relevant to you;
- To improve the Site, our marketing and our Site offerings;
- For internal business purposes;
Republic Finance uses tracking technologies, such as Cookies and Web Beacons, on our Site to collect and store Usage Information whenever you visit or interact with the Site. A “Cookie
” is a small file containing alphanumeric characters that stores information about the user or records the user’s browsing activity. Cookies are stored on your Device’s hard drive. A “Web Beacon
” is an electronic image located within a certain web page that allows the Site to record the simple actions of the user opening the page. Cookies, Web Beacons, and other tracking technologies (e.g., HTML5 and Flash local storage, embedded scripts, and e-tags/cache browsers) may be active on our Site. There may be other tracking technologies now and later devised and used by us in connection with the Site. Republic Finance may send one or more tracking technologies to your Device when you visit the Site, or other sites where Republic Finance ads appear, for a variety of purposes, including:
- To allow you to use and access the Site’s functionality;
- To monitor your experience on the Site;
- To allow us to improve the Site to better serve our customers and other users;
- To improve security on the Site;
- For identity verification and fraud prevention;
- To analyze traffic and transactions on this Site;
- Keeping track of your specified preferences, including in terms of the presentation of content on our Site; and
- To market our products and services, including to deliver content, including content relevant to your interests on our Site and third party services based on how you interact with our content.
We may also work with data providers who may collect web log data from you, such as your IP address and information about your browser or operating system. We may place a data provider’s cookie, which will be used to recognize your browser and enable you to receive customized ads or content. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information; they may contain or reflect demographic or other interest-based data in a de-identified form. The information in these cookies may be linked to data you have voluntarily submitted to us, such as your name, postal address or email, which we may share with a data provider in hashed or encrypted form. To opt-out of these data provider cookies, please go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) website at http://www.aboutads.info/choices
Interactions with Third-Party Services
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
- Integrated services that require Google Analytics to collect data via advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers
Third-party analytics and other service providers may set and access their own tracking technologies on your Device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you, which may include Personal Information. For example, on the Site, Google will collect, store, and use this information to create statistical reports about your use of the Site. You can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features through their Ads Settings or any other available means. Google Analytics’ currently available opt outs can be found at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of or compliance with any third parties’ opt-out options, including Google’s opt-out. Further, while we may use a variety of companies to serve advertisements on the website, you may wish to visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices, which provides information regarding this practice by Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including the “opt-out” procedures of NAI members. Opting out of one or more NAI members only means that those NAI members no longer will be allowed under their own rules to deliver targeted content and/or ads to you, which will affect this and other sites, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads. Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different device or change web browsers, your NAI opt-out may not, or may no longer, be effective. Additional information is available on the NAI’s website accessible by the above link. You may also be able to opt-out of receiving third-party behavioral ads by visiting the DAA website at http://www.aboutads.info/choices. Similar limitations may apply to the DAA opt-out. We are not responsible for effectiveness of or compliance with any third-parties’ opt-out options.
Sharing of Information
We may share non-Personal Information, such as aggregated user statistics, with third parties. We may share your Device Identifiers with third parties along with data related to you and your activities. Please refer to our Privacy Notice
- For any purpose to which you expressly consent;
- To protect or enforce our rights or the rights or safety of others;
- As permitted or required by applicable law, regulation, subpoenas, governmental requests or legal process;
- In association with a merger, acquisition, restructuring, asset transfer, or other operational or corporate changes to our company, including during the course of any due diligence process;
- For joint marketing with other companies;
- To our parent, subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To non-affiliates for their marketing purposes; and
We may use third-party service providers to perform certain services on behalf of us or the Site, such as: (i) to assist us in Site operations; (ii) to process your transaction and/or maintain your account; (iii) to manage a database of customer information; (iv) hosting the Site; (v) designing and/or operating the Site’s features; (vi) tracking the Site’s activities and analytics; (vii) enabling us to send you special offers or perform other administrative services; and (viii) other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential. We may provide these service providers with access to user information, including Device Identifiers and Personal Information, to carry out the services they are performing for you or for us.
Changes to Your Information
Keeping your account information accurate and up-to-date is very important. You may request access to the Personal Information Republic Finance maintains about you, or you may ask questions or raise issues with the accuracy of your Personal Information, with us by contacting us at the following phone number or postal address: 1-800-317-7662 or Republic Finance, 7031 Commerce Cir., Baton Rouge, LA 70809. We will promptly investigate your concerns, respond to you and update our records as needed. We request that you keep your information as up-to-date as possible so that you may get the maximum benefit from Republic Finance. In particular, please make sure that you inform us of e-mail address changes since this is the quickest way to communicate.
Email and Text Messaging
You may cancel any e-mail marketing communications you receive from us by following the instructions contained within our promotional e-mails. This will not affect subsequent subscriptions and if your opt-out is limited to certain types of e-mails the opt-out will be so limited. If you subscribe to text messages from us, you can terminate a particular text message subscription by reply texting “STOP.” Subsequent or different subscriptions will be unaffected. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of our Site, such as administrative and service announcements and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you choose to opt-out from receiving our marketing communications.
Republic Finance endeavors to incorporate commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. We maintain Personal Information in secure computer systems and we limit the employees’ access to those with a business reason to see it. More specifically, employees may access information about you when needed to maintain your accounts or otherwise meet your needs. Our employees are trained to understand and comply with Republic Finance’s security safeguards. However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Online Tracking and Do Not Track Disclosures.
The Site is not currently configured to respond to Do Not Track Signals.
Information You Disclose Publicly or to Others?
User Content and Public Information
The Site may permit you submit ideas, photographs, video, pictures, data, information about your location, questions, comments, suggestions or other content, including Personal Information (collectively, “User Content”). We or others may store, display, reproduce, publish, distribute or otherwise use User Content online or offline in any media or format (currently existing or hereafter developed) and may or may not attribute it to you. Others may have access to this User Content and may have the ability to share it with third parties. Please think carefully before deciding what information you share, including Personal Information, in connection with your User Content. Please note that we do not control who will have access to the information that you choose to make public, and cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy or keep it secure. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information that you make publicly available on the Site or what others do with information you share with them on the Site. We are not responsible for the accuracy, use or misuse of any User Content that you disclose or receive from third parties through the Site.
Name and Likeness
Our Site is not intended for use by children. We are a general audience site and we do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information on our Site about children under the age 13 that requires parental notice and consent under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If you are a child under 13 years of age, you are not permitted to use the Site and should not send any information about yourself to us through the Site. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from any child, we will dispose of that information in accordance with COPPA and other applicable laws and regulations. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information without COPPA-required consent, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
Transfer of Information to the United States.